Héllo,

What is you progress on the subject ? I answer your questions based on my
experience of both doing Django, and graph database work with a framework
like Django.

With the Python package Bulbs/Bulbflow, I can interface graph
> databases and
> model my domain objects. http://bulbflow.com/quickstart/#domain-models
> What I would like to do is to define my domain models in this way and
> use
> them to query/update the graph db through my views in Django, instead
> of
> going through Django's ORM to the relational database.
>

> Has anyone tried to do this? Or do you know what implementation effort
> would
> be required on the Django-side to make this bridge?

What you need to do is create a reusable application that will link
Bulbflow with Django
settings so that you can import the graph object representing the graph.
It's easy,
it has been done (disclaimer they are all my project and unmaintened so
far):

- https://github.com/amirouche/Flask-Bulbs
- https://bitbucket.org/amirouche/flask-graphiti

And for django:

- https://bitbucket.org/amirouche/django-graphiti

I'm not up-to-date regarding bulbflow but this must be pretty similar work

> In particular, I would be interested in how to keep the graph object
> persistent,
> in order to use it from within my views.

I don't understand the question fully but basically you issue queries that
saves you models' nodes and edges.

Cheers,

 Amirouche