Hi all.

 I've got a custom session middlware built that is simply extending the
session base. The only interesting thing this backend is doing is using a
different session table than django's stock one -- this is for integration
with a pre-existing PHP site we are in the process of migrating away from.

 Everything is working fine, except, I decided to try and truncate the
sessions table in order to test something -- to my surprise, I couldn't
load the site after that -- it just hung indefinitely.

 If I delete my session cookie, the site loads up no problem.

 I'm running django 1.5a1 as we aren't scheduled for a public launch on our
django code until April. Is this a 1.5 bug? Or is there something messed up
with my session middleware?

 When I try and trace where the error could be coming from, I wind up
opening up the django codebase -- I don't believe there are any bugs in my
middleware (especially considering it works great until you do something
like truncate the sessions table).

PS I did try deleting the session table completely and re-running manage.py
syncdb just incase there was some sort of relationship problem, but that
doesn't appear to be the case.

Any suggestions much apprecaited.

Thanks!