Hi,

I'm new to Django and just need some guidance.

Below is my attempt at creating a simple app that displays all transactions
and lists the grand total called 'points' for a particular user. Now the
following works and does just that, however, I'm not 100% if this is the
'correct' way nor really what a 'manager' is.

Could someone look at the following code and advice?

Many, many thanks O, and Happy Christmas everyone!

models.py

from django.db import models
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

class TransactionManager(models.Manager):

    def Transaction_list(self,thisUser):
        list = Transaction.objects.filter(user=thisUser)
        return list

    def points_total(self,thisUser):
        return
Transaction.objects.filter(user=thisUser).aggregate(total_points=models.Sum('points'))

class Transaction (models.Model):

    statusOptions = (
        (0, 'Pending'),
        (1, 'Added'),
        (2, 'Deducted'),
        (3, 'Processing'),
        )

    user = models.ForeignKey(User)
    points = models.IntegerField(verbose_name=("Points"), default=0)
    created = models.DateTimeField(("Created at"), auto_now_add=True)
    updated = models.DateTimeField(verbose_name=("Updated at"),
auto_now=True)
    status = models.IntegerField(default=0, choices=statusOptions)

    objects = TransactionManager()

views.py

from django.template import RequestContext
from django.contrib.auth.decorators import login_required
from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
from points.models import Transaction

@login_required
def history(request):

    thisPoints = Transaction.objects.Transaction_list(request.user)
    totalPoints = Transaction.objects.points_total(request.user)
    context = {'points':thisPoints,'totalPoints':totalPoints}
    return render_to_response('points/history.html', context,
context_instance=RequestContext(request))