Hi All,

A very happy new year to you all !

I am working on a website I am making as my hobby project. It is to do with
motorcycle touring.

I have done some initial work on it, and incrementally making changes as
and when I can.

I am trying to figure out the following issue :
1. I have a forum object where people can start threads.
2. the forum object uses the django comments module along with mptt. So far
so good.
3. Now, I want to show the "latest commented on" posts. But I am not able
to figure it out.

For reference : http://bikenomads.herokuapp.com/

On the box on the right, I want to show the posts based on the last comment
time. However, all I can do right now is show the last post based on
creation time (this is a field for the post object). I am not able to
figure out how to sort based on comment time.

Solutions :
1. Ideally there should be a way to sort object by comment time using the
inbuilt comments module in django. Is this possible ?
2. Alternatively, I will need to update the post model to have another
field for 'last_comment_time' and when someone posts a comment, I will need
to update this field. I would rather not do this as I will need to make
sure all the objects using comments will need to have this exact field.

What would you suggest ?

Vibhu

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo da Vinci
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. - Confucius