I've had a bit of an issue with InMemoryUploadedFile instances that come in
request.FILES to a view. I passed one of them to another constructor to
initialise it, and then I tried to access the `encoding` attribute (which
appears in the help() for the class). I followed the class hierarchy and
found that it leads to FileProxyMixin, where the `encoding` attribute is
defined. This is where my mind is blown though:

  def __init__(self, f, *args, **kwargs):
>     print type(f) # => <class
> 'django.core.files.uploadedfile.InMemoryUploadedFile'>
>     print type(f.encoding) # => AttributeError: 'cStringIO.StringO' object
> has no attribute 'encoding'

How can it in the first line claim that it is an InMemoryUploadedFile, but
in the second line, where I try to access an attribute on it, claim to be a
StringO? To test that this issue is not the result of the instance being
passed too far into my code (where my code messes something up), I tried
the same test in the view directly with the request.FILES['file'] instance,
and the same issue occurs. I should be able to continue without this
attribute, but now I'm just curious. If anyone knows what's going on,
please let me know. Thanks.