On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Isaac Perez
<isaac.perez.mon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a few words what I want to protect from is that an sql query could be
> passed in the main input text box and it could access other users passwords
> or information.

this simply doesn't happen with modern client libraries, as long as
you don't use user-provided text to build the SQL queries.  SQL
parameters are separated from the SQL command and can't change the
command structure.

> Also don't feel comfortable with the app having root access to all the DB if
> it doesn't need it for it's main function, just in case.

that's reasonable, root access isn't needed.  but you do need SELECT,
UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE

if by 'all the DB' you want to further split between what's accessible
to each user, you can use model managers to enforce some conditions to
all querysets, making it very hard for an innocent bug to affect more
than a single user.

don't forget that there's two very different things understood as
'safety': protection against bugs and against malicious attack.
strategies and mitigation are different for each one.  failing to see
the difference leads to overcomplicated schemes that raise the
probability of nasty bugs

--
Javier