I was trying to install django and setup.py
said that it cannot fetch setuptools from cheeseshop.
and indeed there was no setuptools in
http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.5/s/.
(It's there right now :) )
After googling a little bit I saw some posts about
something incompatible between setuptools 0.6 and python 2.5
So I just decided to checkout 0.7 from python svn sandbox.

It seems that they made 0.6 for python 2.5 and uploaded it to
the cheeseshop just after my "research" :)

regards,
Vladimir