@Raphael

Exactly what you said. I'm trying to build a "Battleship" game app with
Django, and I want to be able save the game state in the db so I can
revisit it later if I quit the game before it is finished.

Thanks for the links provided. I'm new to Django and still fairly new to
programming overall, so I don't really know a lot about array handling with
Django's ORM.