Hi,

I've several models that share same attribute and form doing ajax queries to/from form in a browser window.

For example owner:

class MyClass(models.Model):
    title = models.TextField(max_length=100)
    owner = models.TextField(max_length=100)

class MyOtherClass(models.Model):
    title = models.TextField(max_length=100)
    value = models.IntegerField()
    owner = models.TextField(max_length=100)

And so on.

Now I would like to user have option in browser to filter any query based on model that has "owner" property to be filtered by owner.

What is the best way to doit?

I only could come up with threadlocals and special manager that can be fed with global filtering rules.

--
Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...