Your question final answer is always go with your preference. PHP and
Django is a whole different thing. PHP is a language and Django is a
framework. If I tell you what to choose to build a web app, go for Django
because it is a framework. Code a web app from scratch by PHP is
just tormenting. PHP dose have a lot of framework that you can learn. will
list some of both advantages.

PHP:

   1. Web standard
   2. Easy to deploy
   3. Lot's of framework choices
   4. Easier than Django to find host server that support PHP

Django:

   1. It's Python
   2. Django full-framework feature really lessen the code you need to write
   3. Django-admin give instant content management system that
   production-ready
   4. Lot's of feature that can be found on Django documentation page.