In my django project I have written some custom management commands which
run on the server. These custom commands in turn call different functions
during execution. I want a way to set a global variable/field or a way to
find out what command is being executed. One obvious usage is write log
messages, so that it can identified what command they are coming from.

A simplified version is:

In one module I have:
########
class Command(BaseCommand):
    args = ''
    help = 'Identifies inconsistent data between activity_log and User
points collcetion. This will overwrite the previous inconsistencies
identified'

    def handle(self, *args, **options):
   functionA()

In another module I have:
########
class Command(BaseCommand):
    args = ''
    help = 'Identifies inconsistent data between activity_log and User
points collcetion. This will overwrite the previous inconsistencies
identified'

    def handle(self, *args, **options):
   functionA()

########
def FuncA()
# I want a way to findout where it was called from / What command is being
executed.
# I can do parameters but there is complex chain of functions being called
and passing parameter in each would be too tedious.