I made several attempts to store/update the current date in a model. I used
both admin page and the shell  to save/update a datetimefield value of my
model and then after querying the record it return None for datetimefield
column.

Secondly my method was_published_recently() does not work.

I am guessing maybe its because I am using sqlite3 correct me if I am wrong?

I am using sqlite3 db engine.

models.py

from django.db import models
import datetime
from django.utils import timezone

# Create your models here.

class Poll(models.Model):
    question = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    pub_date = models.DateTimeField('Date Information')

    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.question

    def was_published_recently(self):
        return self.pub_date >= timezone.now() - datetime.timedelta(days=1)

class Choice(models.Model):
    poll = models.ForeignKey('Poll')
    choice = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    votes = models.IntegerField()

    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.choice