Hello!

So this is what i wanna do:

I have built a model with an admin interface for letting the user create
his own site. it has following fields:

    name = models.CharField(max_length = 50)
    formtemplate =
FilePathField(path='/path/to/project/myforms/templates/forms',
match=".\*.htm[l]")
    thankyoutemplate =
FilePathField(path='/path/to/project/myforms/templates/forms',
match=".\*.htm[l]", blank=True)
    slug = models.CharField(max_length = 50)

He should be able to upload his template-files to that folder and
afterwards selecting it in the model admin. but the database is storing the
absolute path which means, after putting the project to another path or
system all paths in the database are useless.
id like to avoid that and looked for solutions. I would like the database
to store only the relative part and my code should apped it to
settings.PROJECT_PATH ... Am i thinking it right or is there a more
"django-like" way to do it....

There already is a implementation of a RelativeFilePathField but several
people told me there are better ways to accomplish what i wanna do...

Thank you very much for your help.

Jonni