ModelB.objects.filter(modelA__fielddate__range(date1,date2))

Based on the db backend and the number of column you can add an index on
fielddate ( check explain output to see if it's useful since it depends on
db backend/ dbengine/structure of the table to make it 'inexpensive' )

~ Ronan

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM, ozgur yilmaz <yelb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually my question is not about the date range. i'm planning to use
> __lte and __gte filters. My problem is to solve the query (getting A
> objects using B objects) inexpensively. Thanks anyway,
>
> I used:
>
> b_objects = B.objects.filter( activity_date__gte = specific_start_date
> , activity_date__lte = specific_end_date )
>
> a_objects = A.objects.exclude( kisi__in = b_objects )
>
> Is it enough?
>
> 2013/2/26 carlos <crocha09...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi, maybe use DateField__range(date1,date2)
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:43 AM, ozgur yilmaz <yelb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have to build a query, if possible an inexpensive query:
> >>
> >> Model A:
> >>
> >> Model B:
> >> ForeignKey( Model A )
> >> Date
> >>
> >> Model B is an activity with a date field. I want to find which Model A
> >> objects didnt join an activity between specific dates.
> >>
> >> What are the appropriate ways to find this result? Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --

Cordialement / Best Regards