FYI: OS=Mac OSX 107, Python 2.7.1
Experience : CGI programming 17 years, python 10 years.
Django, FastCGI - newbie
.htaccess - pretty shaky

I'd like to work with django out of the box as fastcgi. I have a test
site set up.
With (code)
python manage.py runserver 8000
(/code)
My test sites is accessible by http://localhost:8000

With .htaccess as follows (code)
AcceptPathInfo On
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
DirectoryIndex test0_Loader.py
AddHandler fcgid-script .py
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1
!^(test0_Loader\.py|images|css|js|robots\.txt|favicon\.ico)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./test0_Loader.py/$1 [L,QSA]
(/code)
If I point my browser to http://localhost/test0
I get the source code for test0_Loader.py printed to the screen.

NOTE: Although the (code)
python manage.py runserver (/code)
method works fine for development, but for deployment, I will be on shared
hosting without any port numbers open but the default.

mod_fastcgi is enabled for apache.
I could use some direction here.
thanks
--