Hi all,

I'm a pathological early adopter, long-time developer, consultant and
occasional technology trainer. And a Django user since the start of
September last year.

I recently did a 'what is Django' taster for the development team at
one of my clients, because I'd built a very neat asset management tool
for them in a week using it, and their interest was peaked to say the
least.

So now they're talking about a proper program on doing Lamp development
with Django. Which I'm more than happy to do for them.

So, given how this is a move from me as (very happy) Django consumer to
being somewhat of an evangelist, I thought it would be good to check in
with the community and see if anyone had any inspiration or
suggestions.

I guess some questions would be in order.

So if you were designing your perfect Django training program:

1. Any suggestions for material that would be good to cover? Typically
the guys I'd work with are not guru programmers, but are the guys who
need to churn out relatively simple, but good stuff for clients (I've
done Python training for them in the past so they are baseline familiar
there). Are there any useful tricks or gotchas that could save their
receding hairlines? Are there any neat but underused features of Django
that could benefit them?

2. What contrib.* packages do you think are must dos? (aside from the
admin interface, obviously).

3. How important is really understanding config and setup? I tend to
err on the side of thinking its pretty important, because someone
struggling to get MySQL to talk to mod_python (for example) can get
pretty stuck very quickly. But do you think programmers need to know
that stuff, if it can be set up once?

4. Any other advice or encouragement?

Thanks,

Ian.