Hi Chris,

I've been working with Patrick on this charm and I implemented a simple
version of support for private repositories. It basically creates a .netrc
file with the user name and password for the correct machine. It's not
ideal but it did enable me to get code from a private github repo. We need
something more robust in the long term but it's a start.

Regarding the concept of running gunicorn on a different machine, this will
not be necessary going forward. v2.0 of Juju is meant to support
co-location where you could have different services on the same machine (in
practice this is already supported in the jitsu package). However,
Patrick's idea is to ensure that you can use any WSGI server, whether
Apache or gunicorn without having to force one or the other.

Everything else you suggest is definitely in the pipe. The main stumbling
block at the moment and for which we could do with Django expertise is
about the structure of the settings files. Some settings are application
specific and should be left alone by Juju, others are environment specific
and should be generated by Juju (database config for instance). Patrick
solved that problem by separating different config elements in different
files but this implies that juju'ised applications would need to follow the
same structure. Is that a good idea?

Cheers,

Bruno