On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM, frocco <faro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So are you saying the best I can do is show users that logged in xx minutes
> ago, even through they may have logged off?

Actually, yes. Because most users never log out. They just close their
browsers. So even if you did look at the session data it wouldn't
represent reality.

You could get fancy and log the timestamp of the last request of every
user with middleware and compare it to your session timeout. Of course
that still wouldn't know when people closed their browsers when before
their sessions expired, but it should capture users active beyond the
session timeout.

Shawn