I would say its definitely not isolation level, as restarting the django
instance made this issue go away for a few hours.  I would setup a test for
this, but don't really know if there already exist any per thread tests for
django sanity I could look at for examples.

The caching change is about related models, this doesn't use any real
related models, it does use them through the .values() call.  Maybe this is
a side affect of that caching, but that mentions nothing about the caching
persisting past a single request.  If that actually happens, i'm sure many
people using django 1.5 are going to run into all kinds of data loss
scenarios.