On Thursday, 4 April 2013 22:38:58 UTC+1, John wrote:

> I am sure that there must be a problem with the html but this is driving
> me crazy.  Probably some stupid typo.
>
> When I set a breakpoint following the if request.POST the request.FILES is
> an empty dictionary.

How would you know if you're doing anything wrong or not? All those helpful
exceptions that Python gives you to let you know if something is wrong:
you're catching them and swallowing them. Anything could be wrong, from a
simple typo to a serious logic error, and you just wouldn't know.

Really, don't do that. They're there for a reason. If you think a specific
exception might happen, catch that and deal with it appropriately; but
whatever you do, don't catch Exception, and *especially* don't catch
Exception and then just pass.
--
DR.