From: mln sastry <sastry...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎13-‎04-‎2013 20:14
To: Anshum Verma <anshum.ve...@gmail.com>
Cc: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Unable to storing unicode data using django

Hi Anshum,

 At first I modified the db charset with below commands. It did not help.
ALTER DATABASE mybooks DEFAULT CHARACTER SET = 'utf8' DEFAULT COLLATE =
'utf8_general_ci'
ALTER TABLE   book  DEFAULT CHARACTER SET = 'utf8' COLLATE =
'utf8_general_ci'

 It worked after I tried this
     ALTER TABLE   book   *CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET* 'utf8' *COLLATE *
'utf8_general_ci'