Am Dienstag, 16. April 2013 17:52:11 UTC+2 schrieb אברהם סרור:

> So you are saying that each user models will be using the same database
> but with different connection settings?

Yes, exactly. Each user has his own username. That's what the SQL command
"create user xy" is for exactly. I don't think my approach is overly
exotic, if I may say so. It enables the db admin to use the finely grained
permissions model of the database and grant or revoke permissions
individually. I realize django can do the same thing, but I don't want to
"copy" my database permissions setup over to django and make sure it's in
sync.

> I believe you can create each and every connection setting on your
> databases inside settings.py, each one would use the same database but a
> different user.
> When creating an object specify it to use the corresponding database

Yeah, I realize that this is possible, but this approach, as far as I can
see, comes down to being quite a maintenance burden as I need to have each
and every user (and I got many, >500) be represented in my settings file.
So, am I out of luck?
Thanks,

Max