Hi,

I am trying to figure out if i can get away with creating the login.html
and logout.html files ?

The scenario is this:
- I have a navigation bar which has the username/password field in it . I
am using the example at :
http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/examples/hero.html
- I want the user to login at this box and be redirected back to the
current page.

as per the documentation I created an app for account and in its url.py I
have added
from django.conf.urls import patterns,url

from account import views

urlpatterns = patterns('django.contrib.auth.views',
        (r'^login/$', 'login',
{'template_name':'account/login.html'},'login'),
        (r'^logout/$', 'logout',
{'template_name':'account/logout.html'},'logout'),
)

in my index.html file i did the following modifications :

            {% if user.is_authenticated %}
            <ul class="nav pull-right">
            <li> Hello {{ user.username }} ! </li>
            <li> ( <a href="{% url django.contrib.auth.views.logout
%}">logout</a> </li>
            </ul>
            {% else %}
            <form class="navbar-form pull-right" method="post" action="{%
url django.contrib.auth.views.login %}">{% csrf_token %}
              <input class="span2" type="text" placeholder="Email">
              <input class="span2" type="password" placeholder="Password">
              <button type="submit" class="btn">Sign in</button>
            </form>
            {% endif %}

I checked with admin user (which was already logged in via /admin url ) and
the above reflects the username if admin is logged in otherwise it shows
the login form boxes.

Now, what i am trying to do is get a new user i created ( vibhu ) to login,
but the app is expecting to find a URL for account/login . I get the
following :
TemplateDoesNotExist at /account/login/

Is there a way to remove this requirement ? I dont want to really create an
account/login.html or account/logout.html if possible as I think those are
unnecessary here. I want the login/logout to be handled by the code in the
navbar itself.

Vibhu

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo da Vinci
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. - Confucius