Hi all,

I'm a new subscriber to this list, and am having an issue that I'm
hoping you can help me with (I also posted this as a trouble-ticket,
because I'm not seeing any references to this issue anywhere and it
seems buggy):

It looks like my models are caching their DB query in a way that I can't
clear.

If I call "Model.objects.all()" and then make any changes to the DB with
my MySQL client, the results of subsequent Model.objects.all()
invocations never changes.

Example, with model PendingAlert:

             PendingAlert.objects.all()

[<PendingAlert: PendingAlert object>, <PendingAlert: PendingAlert object>]

(...now, in mysql...) mysql> delete from pending_alert; Query OK, 2 rows
affected (0.00 sec)

(...now, back in my Django session)

             PendingAlert.objects.all()

[<PendingAlert: PendingAlert object>, <PendingAlert: PendingAlert object>]

...I just verified - the first Django session never clears its cache
even if I alter the pending_alert table using Django instead of straight
in MySQL.

Just to make sure that I have the right mental model here: Isn't
Model.objects.all() supposed to create a QuerySet with its own search?
Shouldn't these calls be touching the database directly?

Any help would be appreciated here - thanks,
Greg