I'm a complete newcomer to Python and the Django framework so please be
gentle.

I'm on a Mac 10.8 and MAMP. I was following the tutorial and installed the
latest stable version (1.5) of Django using pip thanks to the instructions
on this
page<http://osxwebdev.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/install-django-on-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion/>.

For some reason, I decided immediately after this to install instead the
development version (1.6dev) by cloning the git repository using these
instructions<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/#installing-development-version>.

At this point, everything was OK and running the following code:

>>> import django
>>> print(django.get_version())

printed out version 1.6dev-blahblahblah.

I then tried to create my first project with this command:

django-admin.py startproject mysite

It worked. Here's where I did something stupid. I changed my mind at this
point and thought it might be better to stick with the stable development
version rather than the bleeding edge version and so I tried to remove the
development version. All I did was delete the django folder found after
typing this command:

python -c "import sys; sys.path = sys.path[1:]; import django;
print(django.__path__)"

I then reran pip and it said everything was installed correctly. When I get
the version number from the Python interpreter I get this output:

>>> import django
>>> print(django.get_version())
1.5.1

However, when I try to create a new project I get the following error:

django-admin.py startproject mysite
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/django-admin.py", line 4, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import require;
require('Django==1.6.dev20130425172216')
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",

line 2607, in <module>
    parse_requirements(__requires__), Environment()
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",

line 565, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: Django==1.6.dev20130425172216
Garrys-MacBook-Air-2:~ Garry$

Sorry for being stupid but how can I fix this??

Thanks