Hi,

Did you set your LOGGING configuration in your settings.py? If you happened
to upgrade to Django 1.5 then the default LOGGING configuration went away
and it will no longer sent emails to the admins without some configuration.
This is described at the following url where it says "Prior to Django 1.5":
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/logging/#configuring-logging

You need to set up something like the following for admin error mails to
work:

LOGGING = {
    'version': 1,
    'disable_existing_loggers': False,
    'filters': {
        'require_debug_false': {
            '()': 'django.utils.log.RequireDebugFalse',
        }
    },
    'handlers': {
        'mail_admins': {
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'filters': ['require_debug_false'],
            'class': 'django.utils.log.AdminEmailHandler'
        }
    },
    'loggers': {
        'django.request': {
            'handlers': ['mail_admins'],
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'propagate': True,
        },
    }
}

Hope that helps,
Ian

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM, ?manu* <emanuele.paol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suddenly realized that my server is no more sending email notifications
> when an internal error occurs. I'm not sure which could be the modification
> that caused this behavior. I have the following information:
>
> 1. on internal errors the server gives an error not founding template file
> 500.html.
>
> 2. if I put my 500.html template then django does not complain anymore,
> shows the page but does not send the email message.
>
> 3. from manage.py shell the command django.core.mail.mail_admins works
> fine (email arrives to the admins)
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thanks,
> E.