Hello Everyone!

I am new to Django and intermediate with Python. I have a client looking to
have me build something that integrates with there rent management system.
The comapny providing there system offers a feature called open access so
that you can read there property database. However you only have rad only
access to it. I need to know how to access, query and display data from
that db using django. I don't need the admin interface implemented. I would
however want to use something like haystack to provide a search function.
What is the best way to do this? Would i write models that mirror the
current database? Or is there mechanism that generates them automagically?
I have had trouble finding much info on using read-only db's with django.
Thanks for your answers! And thanks for the great software.

~Brandon