On 2013-05-07 08:38, Kakar wrote:
> I have my project in my pc, and on python manage.py runserver, i
> can view it on my browser. But how to view from other computer or
> on the internet and not locally?... How to make my pc a server to
> view it from over the internet?

While it's not generally advisable because the dev server hasn't been
vetted for security issues, it can be a nice way to demo to somebody
off-site.  To get it running, you can specify that it listen either
on your particular external IP address of your machine (as returned
from ipconfig/ifconfig):

  django-admin.py runserver 192.168.0.64

or you can specify that Django listens on all of your machine's
available interfaces (in the event you have multiple network
adaptors up):

  django-admin.py runserver 0.0.0.0

This is detailed at:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/django-admin/#runserver-port-or-address-port

In addition to that, if your router is using NAT, you'll want to
configure your firewall/NAT to pass through some external port (e.g.
80), to your internal machine.

-tkc