On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Larry Martell <larry.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just upgraded to 1.5 and my app is failing with:
>
> Internal Server Error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py",
> line 187, in get_response
>      response = middleware_method(request, response)
>    File
> "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/sessions/middleware.py",
> line 26, in process_response
>      patch_vary_headers(response, ('Cookie',))
>    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/utils/cache.py",
> line 142, in patch_vary_headers
>      if response.has_header('Vary'):
>  [error] AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'has_header'
>
> My code that is triggering this:
>
> if report_response.has_header('Content-disposition'):
>
> I didn't see anything in the docs that said this method was being
> removed from the HttpResponse class.

It hasn't. If you look at the exception message closely, you will see
that it does not say "HttpResponse object has no attribute ...", it
says "function object has no attribute ...". Somehow, this middleware
is receiving a function instead of a response object.

> Anyone know how I can fix this so I can use 1.5?

The full stack trace may explain more, but then again maybe not - the
exception happens in middleware processing, but the error is returning
a function instead of a HttpResponse object in the content generation
phase (ie in the view). You will probably need to look closely at each
function the request passes through on this particular request, and
work out where the bogus return value is coming from.

Cheers

Tom