Dear all,

I'm working with a proxy model of django's User.

I need to convert the user from the request into an instance of my proxy.

At the moment I have the following method in my class:

    @classmethod
    def from_parent_user(cls, user):
        # return cls.objects.get(pk=user.pk)
        member = cls()
        single_fields = cls._meta.fields
        for field in single_fields:
            setattr(member, field.name, getattr(user, field.name))
        multiple_fields = cls._meta.many_to_many
        for field in multiple_fields:
            # seems to work, not sure if its safe:
            getattr(member, field.name).__dict__.update(getattr(user,
field.name).__dict__)
        return member

I know I could obviously do return cls.objects.get(pk=user.pk), but that
seems a useless query to me, all the information I need is already in the
User instance, right?

So my question. Best way to implement this please? Is what I'm doing save?
My test pass but it might break some internals... I don't know.

Thanks :)