No, we are not using the TransactionMiddleware. We are using the following
Django middlewares: CommonMiddleware, SessionMiddleware, MessageMiddleware,
and XFrameOptionsMiddleware. We have a few custom middlewares which handle
stuff for the edge caching. Nothing that produces any writes to MySQL. We
are also using Django Reversion which has a middleware. I'm looking at the
underlying code of that middleware to see if that would cause an issue. The
model that is being saved and submitted to the background task is not under
revision control.