Awesome, thanks, I love python but I am not (yet) skilled at the art of
incantation.
The snippet above: http://djangosnippets.org/snippets/1838/
did have some incantation but the post was fairly old in terms of
django/python's history.
I can't tell one incantation from another but I can tell a django app that
fails to sync from one that does.
If anybody has trouble with this kind of django project structure,
Mike's incantation works just right, I don't want to be as bold as to say
the one in the snippet
doesn't work, but I couldn't get it to work.

if its not already clear heres my set up:

#my_project

#    manage.py

#    settings.py

#    myapp/

#        models/#            __init__.py#            models1.py#
models2.py

in __init__.py:
    # incantation
    from __future__ import absolute_import
    from .models1 import ModelOne
    from .models2 import ModelTwo
in models1.py:
from myapp.models import Model2
in models2.py:
from myapp.models import Model1
in admin.py:
from my_app.models import Model1, Model2

I also took a precaution that I'm not sure was required:
I made sure Django knew which app to put all my Model1 & Model2 in
by defining a Meta property like this:

class Meta:

        app_label = 'myapp'