On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM, enemytet <dominikan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I learn dynamic models in Django but I don't understand when to use them.
>
> What are the best examples of the use of dynamic models? (real situation)

My advice - Don't. Ever.

If you find yourself in a situation where you thing you need to use a
dynamic model, you've almost certainly either misunderstood your problem,
done some bad analysis of your required schema, or made a poor choice of
data store.

Relational databases aren't optimised for live changes to schema. You *can*
modify schema -- but that doesn't mean you should architect your solution
on that basis. If you find your needs for data storage are changing, then
you either need to restructure your schema to abstract the dynamic
components, or use a data store that is better suited to dynamic
constraints - for example, a document-based store, or key-value store. The
"right" solution will depend entirely on your problem space.

There are exceptions to this rule, but they are just that -- exceptions.
The vast majority of applications don't require dynamic models, and unless
you *really* understand how a relational database will handle the sorts of
changes that a dynamic schema will require, you'd be well served to avoid
them.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)