On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Vic N <wisejoom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please help - i can't install Django CMS. Is there anyone who can post it's
> own Django CMS already installed and preconfigured in zip ? Then i will
> unpack it on my PC (Windows 7, Python 2.7.5).
>  This is my post on Stackoverflow
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17066502/django-cms-installation-no-welcome-page-and-500-server-error

When you have DEBUG=True, you are shown the "It worked, now go do some
work" page. This page is only shown if you don't add any urls and are
running in DEBUG mode.

The errors visible in the console are related to character encoding
issues when attempting to determine the MIME type when serving some
static files. The error comes from your installation of python, which
is asked to determine the MIME type, looks in the windows registry,
and subsequently blows up.

These errors are unrelated to Django. Django expects that your python
installation will work; your's does not. Uninstall "WinPython" and
install the supported cpython from python.org:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.5/

The main difference is that the the supported cpython will probably work.

> Please understand, i have no time to bear with errors, my primary work with
> NLTK Python's module. I simply want to make NLP procesing and show on site
> results + REST service.

It's unusual to see the "Just $%!&ing make it work" attitude when
requesting free support. Good luck with that.

Tom