anil wrote:
> psycopg2.ProgrammingError : current transaction is aborted, commands
> ignored until end of transaction block

Anil,

I get these errors when a call to psycopg fails and the transaction in
which it failed is not rolled back.  All further database actions will
fail until you roll back the transaction.

Wrap your psycopg call in a try/except block and rollback the
transaction if the call fails.

You'll find discussion about this in the list archives, I think.

Best,

Eric.