On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<jav...@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Larry Martell <larry.mart...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> MeasDataTest is declared as:
>>
>> class MeasDataTest(TestCase):
>>
>> Why do I get "does not refer to a test"?
>
> where do you define your test?  AFAIR, it must be either in the
> models.py, or a tests.py file in the same directory.

Ah, I missed that in the docs. Thanks. When I renamed it to tests.py
it got picked up.

But in the django/contrib dirs (e.g. django/contrib/auth) the tests
are in a tests sub dir and are not called tests.py and they seem to
get run.

>> Then I tried:
>>
>> $ python manage.py test cdsem
>> Failed to install custom SQL for cdsem.Tool model: (1054, "Unknown
>> column 'category' in 'field list'")
>
> are you using custom SQL?

There was a .sql file in a sql dir that I hadn't noticed. It was a few
years ago before I was working on this app and it was no longer
applicable so I removed it. Thanks again.