On 7/14/13 1:26 PM, Mando wrote:
Hi,

This is the way I have it set up my osx

$ sudo pip install virtualenv
$ virtualenv --distribute pytho_projects
$ source python_projects/bin/activate
$ (python projects) pip install django
$ django-admin.py startproject myblog

and that should get you past that. using virtualenv just makes it a lot more clean and organized imo. Let me know if that helped you out some.

+1 on that. pip is the only way to go.

And I would suggest installing PostgreSQL from MacPorts or an equivalent package manager to give yourself more control over your database versioning and contents. Otherwise you are relying on whatever is in Apple's current update which may change or be different from what you might need for reasons of your own.

I've also installed python and related packages from MacPorts so then the virtualenv will point to that installation when it initializes. That also gives you more control over versioning.

hth

                           - Tom