Thank you so much for the reply and help. I am not stuck with this database
format and can change it as necessary. I will modify it as you suggested
(let Django create the primary key, remove the ID suffix from the column
names, etc.).     I will then look for the managers as you suggested.

I did find a solution to what I was trying doing.  I was reading through
the Python documentation and then through the Django documentation (for the
up-teenth time) and discovered that I can "move backward" through the
relationship chain easily (I'm still not sure what the proper phrase is for
what I'm trying to do). For example, I can display the Family.Name by
simply doing something like this:

{{ object.TeacherID.ID.FamilyID }}

So, now I can do something like this:

{% if user.FamilyID = object.TeacherID.ID.FamilyID %}

Or, after making the changes that you suggested I can do this (and use the
actual ID numbers for comparison)

 {% if user.Family.ID = object.Teacher.ID.Family.ID %}

Thank you again for the information that you provided. It will greatly help
me move forward from here.

-Chris