On Thursday, 25 July 2013 23:36:49 UTC+2, jondbaker wrote:

> Hi Ivan, and welcome. Django >= 1.5 features custom User models, which I
> believe would solve your problem:
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/customizing/#specifying-a-custom-user-model

Hello,

I have looked at the documentation basically it looks like too much work
for a simple thing. Are there any benefits to using the contrib.auth
infrastructure instead of simply adding an e-mail and password fields to my
existing model describing a user's profile (except for authorization in the
contrib.admin app which is nice but will never be seen by my end users)?

In the future I'm planning on adding authentication over Facebook's and
Google's services (OAuth) - would these kind of things be more convenient
to do with contrib.auth or my own auth data?