Hi,

I am currently working on an custom python application, and I am using
Django (v1.5.1) as backend module to handle my database connection. This
application basically use 3 differents thread, that all access to the
database thanks to Django, and if everything work fine with Mysql, I have
an issue with Oracle.

The problem is if my application loose the connection to the database, let
say because of a network failure, it never succeed to reconnect to Oracle
event when the network come back alive (work fine with mysql).

My oracle configuration :
ORACLE = {
    'default': {
      'ENGINE': 'oracle',
      'NAME': 'oracle_database',
      'USER': 'oracle_user',
      'PASSWORD': 'oracle_pwd',
      'HOST': '',
      'PORT': '',
      'OPTIONS': {
        'threaded': True,
        'use_returning_into': False,
        },
      }
    }

I tried to use django.db.close_connection() and
django.db.connection.close() without any success.

Is someone have an idea of what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks !