Hello everyone,

I've only been working with Python and Django for a couple of years now and
whenever I can I like to learn more about certain rationalizations for
certain decisions made within each of them.

In Django we define a Python class with a name to represent our model (I
think it's a python class at least) and then we write "def" for definition
of a view function or python function. To me I view this as two separate
types of structures and thus fairly often I give a model the same name as a
view. It isn't until later that I realize that my app isn't working because
of the fact that they have the same name. I'm here just wondering if anyone
would be willing to explain how this comes about from how Python/Django
treats this instance? Why does Django see a confliction between a class and
a function with the same name? Aren't they entirely separate entities?

I'm by all means okay with going in and changing the names of the view or
model to something slightly different so everything works, I just would
like to understand conceptually why it is an issue?

Thanks a lot,

JJ Zolper