Does anyone have a module available that can do a calendar?

The winter thread below involved a whole bunch of coding-from scratch.

I'm not yet a super-coder... (I do have coding skillsets) and I'm just
learning django, and python. I figure I'll learn django best if I have a
real project; And the real project I have in mind would involve promoting
potluck meals. So event listings, and calendar display would be great. Also
a mapping component (type in an address, get back a map that displays with
the event detail page)

I'd like to start from as much already-available code as I can.

I like the idea, described below of:
"Tastypie makes it really easy to talk json to...backbone and plotting the
appointments in fullcalendar..."

and wow, that sample fullcalendar page looks terrific:
http://blog.shinetech.com/2011/08/05/building-a-shared-calendar-with-backbone-js-and-fullcalendar-a-step-by-step-tutorial/

but honestly, I'll do best to start with a working repo.... (events,
calendar, address mapping)

(It makes me wonder if anyone has wrapped up a whole bunch of sample django
apps, for easy reuse in general.)

Margie

--
http://FarmBillPrimer.org