> Russ like I said before, I used COPY to get the data back in and it was
> accepted by postgres with the schema it crated using django (See step 5
> below)

1) Export each table individually from MySQL into csv format.

2) Have Django re-create the models schema from django on its own.

3) Export the django schema using pg_dump for comparison

Repeat 5, 6 for each table: 4) Compare each csv file to the postgre schema
for each table and align the data accordingly using spreadsheet software.

5) Use COPY (postgre utiity) to insert data from the csv fie to the
database.

COPY locations_location FROM '/tmp/locations_location.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV;

6) pg_dump dbname > outfile the data in order for migration. Restore on
system using psql dbname < infile

When I was using COPY, it would complain about any issues and I fixed the
csv's as I went along, so everything inserted was validated with PostgreSQL
on the way in.

One very important question which I still don't understand. Are french
characters such as "é" UTF-8 compatible or not? Because they seem to be
sitting in the database just fine and they display just fine most of the
time, but not when passing strings from my views, such as:

messages.success(request, u'{0} edited & saved Alarm Definition
successfully.'.format(cur_alarm_rec))

I had to add the unicode u' around it because cur_alarm_rec contained an "é"

I also ended up adding the u to most of my models unicode output

    def __unicode__(self):

        return u'%s:%s' % (self.id, self.city)

As some cities contained special french accent characters as well.