On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:50:49 -0700
Jon Dufresne <jon.dufre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting ready to deploy my Django application. This application must
> serve several independent parties. In the past, I've done this with
> multiple instances of a PHP application on the server. Is this the right
> approach in the Django world?
>
> My server is running Apache and MySQL. Each instance of the application
> will have its own configuration and database. These instances will not
> communicate with each other in any way. These instances are all (possibly)
> different versions of the same application running in their own virtualenv.
>
> My instinct is to go with the Apache mod_wsgi approach. As Apache is
> already running successfully on the server serving PHP an static files.
>
> Any advice or good resources on how to accomplish what I am doing? All the
> documentation seems to be targeted at one server with one Django
> application.

Personally, I've tried using mod_wsgi at first, but had a couple of
issues with it (particularly with mod_ruid2 in place as well). I've
also wanted to have separate users running different websites, and
this also turned out to be a bit problematic. I'd definitively say that
using a dedicated WSGI server, and proxying requests to it, might be
the best way to do it (while using the web server for serving static
and media files).

The combination I've settled for so far for my set-ups is Gunicorn +
supervisord + Apache for static files. I have bunch of LAMP apps
running on my servers, and I didn't want to mess with nginx yet, but
you may want to look into nginx instead of Apache if you're starting
from scratch.

And a word of warning - I'm pretty much still fresh with Django/WSGI
deployments myself :)

Best regards

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: bra...@majic.rs

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: bra...@majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.