Newb needs some help making the tutorial go

As you can see here I can create a new project and run the server but the
only file in my project is manage.py. Where is "settings.py" and how can I
get it in the proper location?

Last login: Mon Sep 23 09:19:47 on ttys000
new-host:~ avrillang$ django-admin.py startproject winker
new-host:~ avrillang$ winker/
-bash: winker/: is a directory
new-host:~ avrillang$ cd winker
new-host:winker avrillang$ ls
manage.py    winker
new-host:winker avrillang$ python manage.py runserver
Validating models...

0 errors found
September 23, 2013 - 04:28:51
Django version 1.5.4, using settings 'winker.settings'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.
[23/Sep/2013 04:28:59] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 1957
ls winker
^Cnew-host:winker avrillang$
new-host:winker avrillang$ ls
manage.py    winker
new-host:winker avrillang$ cd settings.py
-bash: cd: settings.py: No such file or directory