We are running Django 1.5.1 with haystack 1.2.7 / xapian 1.2.15

#1.)

>From google webmaster tools, it looks like we've been having a steady
increase in soft 404 errors;
We utilize xapian and haystack for the on-site search feature.

The soft 404's seem to all be url's for search queries that return 0
results.
How can we alter how google sees the 0 result pages so that it does not
interpret them as a soft 404's.

Here are some examples of a few 0 result pages we are getting soft 404
error for:

http://goo.gl/rq48Lj
http://goo.gl/wccPY3
http://goo.gl/c01dvL

#2.)

We are also getting duplicate title and meta descriptions for on-site
search pages
that just differ by page # or search parameters. For example, the following
2 pages are getting alerts for having duplicate title tags:

http://goo.gl/U1j46N
http://goo.gl/bSwFzg

Notice the URLs only differ by the following argument being passed
?price=900-1200 on the 2nd url.

How do properly output these search page results so that duplicate titles
and duplicate meta descriptions are no longer
an issue?

Thanks in advance

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/85dd0a56-5816-4ac5-a16c-6e7f38f69941%40googlegroups.com.