On 9/29/06, patrickk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> however, I´ve been a little bit disappointed at first that django
> doesn´t come with a js-library and that the django-developers refused
> to agree on a js-framework.

It isn't that there's a "refusal to agree", it's that there's a
recognition that the server-side app framework:

1. Shouldn't be trying to force a choice of client-side coding tools on you.
2. Shouldn't be trying to write client-side code (in the form of
"javascript helpers") for you.
3. Probably can't ever make a choice for JavaScript toolkit that will
satisfy enough end users. If we go with Dojo, Prototype fans will be
angry. If we go with Prototype, YUI fans will be angry. If we go with
YUI, JQuery fans will be angry.

This is a case where the only way to "win" is not to play the game at
all, which means not bundling or "integrating" a JS toolkit.

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin