On 10/5/06, seemant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but the template (and adrian's commit message) seem to imply that that
> list is generated manually.  Is there no construct in Django that will
> auto-gen a link list like that?

You could write a template tag to do it pretty easily, the database
lookup would be

Entry.objects.dates('pub_date', 'month', order='DESC')

And you'd have a list of datetime objects corresponding to all the
months in which there are entries. I think the reason the Django site
doesn't use it is that A) that blog app was probably put together
really quickly, and B) it was put together in the ancient dark ages
before 0.90, when the 'dates' construct wasn't available (that was
added in 0.95), and nobody's ever had the time to go back and fix
that.

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin