Hi,
Disclaimer - I'm new to django and python, so please bear with me.

Note: My django instance uses a nosql database.

I'm trying to create a formset which has multiple forms based on models.
The formset will have one form "post", then 1-3 "comment" forms. Eventually
i'd like to be able to add/remove the comment fields but i'll work that out
later once the form saves with manually set number of comment fields.
For now the formset just has the two forms "post" and "comment" to make it
easy, but if i can save one it should work for more.
The form displays as expected but I get "save() takes at least 2 arguments
(1 given)".

I think thats because i'm supplying the "post" data, but not the object
itself? I've tried referencing it but without success.
I may need to set the form up as a class with methods and then use
something like the following which is how another tut does it, but my first
attempt to do it this way failed.
 21     def post(self, request, *args, **kwargs):
 22         self.object = self.get_object()
 23         form = CommentForm(object=self.object, data=request.POST)
 24
 25         if form.is_valid():
 26             form.save()
 27             return HttpResponseRedirect(self.object.get_absolute_url())

*Models:*
  7 class Object_Post(models.Model):
  8     # Defines the post model
  9     def __unicode__(self):
 10         return self.name
 11
 12     name = models.CharField(max_length=70)
 13     desc = models.TextField()
 14     Comments = ListField(EmbeddedModelField('Comment), editable=False)
 15
 16
 17 class Comment(models.Model):
 18     # Comments.
 19     def __unicode__(self):
 20        return self.name
 21
 22     name = models.CharField(max_length=70)
 23     desc = models.TextField()

*Forms:*
 39 class PostForm(forms.ModelForm):
 40     class Meta:
 41         model = Object_Post
 42
 43     def save(self, user, commit = True):
 44         Object_Post = super(PostForm, self).save(commit = False)
 45         Object_Post.user = user
 46
 47         if commit:
 48             Object_Post.save()
 49
 50         return Object_Post
 51
 52 class CommentForm(forms.ModelForm):
 53     class Meta:
 54         model = Comment
 55
 56     def save(self, user, commit = True):
 57         Comment = super(CommentForm, self).save(commit = False)
 58         Comment.user = user
 59
 60         if commit:
 61             Comment.save()
 62
 63         return Comment

 65 def create_post(request):
 66 ....
 67 #
 68 #   Manually set number of comment fields for now
 69     commentfields = 1
 70
 71     if request.method == "POST":
 72         pform = PostForm(request.POST, instance=Object_Post())
 73 #
 74         cforms = [CommentForm(request.POST, prefix=str(x),
instance=Comment()) for x in range(0,Commentfields)]
 75         if pform.is_valid() and all([cf.is_valid() for cf in cforms]):
 76 #
 77             new_post = pform.save()
 78             for cf in cforms:
 79                 new_Comment = cf.save(commit=False)
 80                 new_Comment.Object_Post = new_post
 81                 new_Comment.save()
 82             return
HttpResponseRedirect(reverse('blogtut.views.dashboard'))
 83     else:
 84         pform = PostForm(instance=Object_Post())
 85         cforms = [CommentForm(prefix=str(x), instance=Comment()) for x
in range(0,Commentfields)]
 86         return render_to_response('create_object.html', {'Post_Form':
pform, 'Comment_Form': cforms},
 87             context_instance=RequestContext(request)
 88         )

*Template:*
  1 {% extends "base.html" %}
  2
  3 {% block content %}
  4 <dl>
  5
# Irrelevent to the form.
 11
 12 </dl>
 13
 14 <form action="{% url blogtut.views.create_post %}" method="post"
accept-ch>
 15     {% csrf_token %}
 16     {{ form.as_p }}
 17
 18     Enter a name and description for the post: </br>
 19     {{ Post_Form }} </br>
 20     Enter one or more Comments:</br>
 21     {% for mform in Comment_Form %}
 22     Comment: {{ cform }}</br>
 23     {% endfor %}
 24 ....
 26 </form>
 27
 28 {% endblock %}
~

I'd really appreciate any help here as i've been hitting my head against
this for a week or so now, would particularly appreciate examples as my
python/django skills are novice and it'll help me understand.

Thanks for your time/help!
Jason

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ea275b34-81d6-4a05-9c7c-18620b1b892c%40googlegroups.com.