With the new test runner in 1.6 it only seems to be running tests under my
project and ignoring all tests in dependent apps listed in INSTALLED_APPS.

If I try to specify another app to test by doing something like "django
test a_dependency" I get an exception from Python's unittest saying "Path
must be within the project" (all my dependencies are installed system wide
or in a shared buildout folder in my user dir).

The only tests outside of my project I seem to be able to run are Django's
itself via "django test django".

How can I get the new test runner to discover and run all tests in
INSTALLED_APPS? As far as I can tell the new test runner only supports
tests located under the cwd which is not very useful for me since my
projects tend to just amalgamate smaller apps located elsewhere.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/8e2ffc33-2a20-4070-b8e3-f54557c34f26%40googlegroups.com.